Friday, July 13, 2012

To be: Painting Whore or Phone Sex Whore?

Those of you having not gone through art school probably don't know that there is a big stigma against artists that do art for money. it's ok to take on a commission so long as the patron doesn't tell you what to paint. if you are painting a beautiful landscape, or flowers or babies you are painting to sell. the problem with this is that every time you make a painting you start questioning yourself. is it too pretty? did i paint it to sell?

as i am waiting for some one to call me for phone sex (still hasn't happened) i am working on a commission. it's a painting of someone's daughter. i was given a lot of free range, but still..... am i art whoring? 

This is not a commission. i did it for myself. it's pen, ink, and acrylic on rag paper. i work from photos i take, so doing one of me is difficult. so i tied my friend up. not my normal roll. i don't like being on top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment